Directed training equips leaders to overcome issues that stifle growth.
Velma designs training programs that address the custom needs of leaders and staff members. Her training programs focus on giving leaders tools and proven techniques to learn:
I.C. What You Said
We have all heard it before –Right? It’s not what you say, but how you say it that really matters. Often we see more of what others say than hear what they say. Perceptions become our reality – but maybe it’s because we communicate more through the unspoken word. In this fun, engaging program you will discover your nonverbal communication messages and learn what you really could be saying, without even saying a word. You’ll be able to takeaway tips on how to control your body language and choose your Words. What was that you said? I see you can’t wait! Great say no more, see you there!
Kick Your Procrastination into Productivity
Most of the regrets we have are not a result of something we did but come as a result of something we did not do. This simple and powerful program – My SPUD MethodTM will give you the tools you need identify your procrastination style and leverage your superpowers. You’ll be able to find your inspiration and energy and learn Velma’s “Focus 5” approach to moving from thoughts to actions.
The Leadership Experience
- Team Building Using a Fun, Engaging Tool
- The Leadership Experience is a board game that allows everyone to gather around the table. It is the best team-building tool…ever!
- Open Sharing and Communication. Every question and discussion card is designed to trigger open, honest feedback.
- Leadership Skills assessment. Challenges your team members to embrace who they are as leaders.
- Stronger Relationships. By the end of your time together, team members will learn to appreciate one another and forge stronger relationships – a winning edge for any business!
Leveraging Your Communication Style
Enhance your ability to understand the various communication styles and discover how to find common ground.
- Identify your unique communication style with DiSC Assessment
- Learn how to communicate with others more effectively
- Laugh with four birds that make you communicate with confidence
- Learn quick and easy tips to communicate with success
We create a completely new approach built around images that are already familiar, namely the four birds that embody the traits of the four behavioral styles.
- The Dominant Eagle
- The Interactive Parrot
- The Supportive Dove
- The Conscientious Owl
Our approach is centered on the reality that we earn the best results when we treat other people the way they want to be treated, not the way we want to be treated.
We focus on everyday realities like:
- Managing stress
- Dealing with change
- Providing feed-back
- Empowering delegation
- Balancing risk
- Enhancing listening skills
It’s a fresh practical approach that teaches easily applicable skills.